Did you know bamboo is one of the worlds most sustainable plants? It's the fastest growing plant on the planet ( growing up to 3 feet a day) and it grows more easily than any other plant. Here we share some more facts on bamboo and why we think it's the future of activewear.
- It doesn't require pesticides or fertilizers so it's better for the planet, for the farmers and your skin.
- It doesn't need agricultural tending and grows naturally requiring far less need for diesel spewing tractors and farming machinery.
- Bamboo absorbs up to 5x the amount of carbon dioxide than hardwood trees and releases up to up to 30% more oxygen.
- The bamboo roots help to protect the soil and can actually re-nourish barren land.
- There is very little waste of the bamboo plant as almost every part is used, from making building materials to toothbrushes but its incredible fabric properties are what make it so special.
It's these wonderful properties that made us so drawn to the plant in the first place and boy are we glad we did.
- Bamboo is super, super soft and feels luxuriously smooth against your skin. It's also hypoallergenic and non-irritating making it perfect for sensitive skin.
- It's breathable, anti-fungal, anti-bacterial and sweat-wicking providing a comfortable solution for our ethical activewear.
- It's stronger, softer and durable and lasts much, much longer than it's cheap plastic synthetic counterparts.
- It doesn't fade, bobble, pill or stretch and it washes well on a cold wash.
- It doesn't contain any plastic so no micro-plastics are released into the oceans after washing.
From bamboo yoga pants to bamboo Pilates tops, our collection has been designed with you in mind. Even though we use eco-friendly materials there is no compromise on style or substance and we believe that once you try a pair of our sustainable Pilates leggings there's simply no turning back.
Our bamboo is grown in a sustaibly managed forests and we are doing everything we can to track the supply chain of our fabrics to bring you as much information as we can about how we make our ethical activewear.
You can find out more about our fabrics and why we think bamboo is so much better here.
Stay tuned for more information on eco-friendly fabrics. Up next Organic Cotton.
You can find out more about our eco-friendly fabrics and our sustainable activewear here...