Tropical Matcha Smoothie Bowl by Louise Murray
We asked health and mindfulness coach Louise Murray to share her recipe for this nutrient-packed smoothie bowl. Over to Louise...
Tropical Matcha Smoothie Bowl
Made with just a few simple ingredients, this delicious smoothie bowl is super energising and it only takes a couple of minutes to make.
This recipe includes hemp heart seeds as they are a great plant based source of protein and contain gamma-linolenic acid to help balance hormones.
I topped my bowl with cacao nibs and goji berries for added iron and energy and bee pollen for a healthy dose of B-vits and zinc plus it’s great for strengthening immunity and reducing stress.
For this antioxidant rich breakfast, you will need the below:
- 1 cup cashew nut milk (or your preferred milk)
- 2 cups frozen spinach
- 1 cup frozen mango
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 Tbsp hemp seeds (optional)
- 1 tsp matcha powder
- ½ inch fresh ginger
- If you have a sweet tooth you can add a couple of pitted dates for extra sweetness
- If you like extra ‘zing’ add 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- Toppings: I used goji berries, bee pollen, shredded coconut, cacao nibs and edible flowers but feel free to use your favourite things.
- Pop everything into a blender and whizz it up.
- If the smoothie is too thick, add water or more milk to get the desired texture.
- Smooth into a bowl, add your toppings. Enjoy!
Delicious and SO easy to make, let us know what you think in the comments below.
Discover more recipes and shop our ethical activewear here...
You can find out more about Louise and her delicious recipes here...