Tropical Matcha Smoothie Bowl by Louise Murray
We asked health and mindfulness coach Louise Murray to share her recipe for this nutrient-packed smoothie bowl. Over to Louise...
Tropical Matcha Smoothie Bowl
Made with just a few simple ingredients, this delicious smoothie bowl is super energising and it only takes a couple of minutes to make.
This recipe includes hemp heart seeds as they are a great plant based source of protein and contain gamma-linolenic acid to help balance hormones.
I topped my bowl with cacao nibs and goji berries for added iron and energy and bee pollen for a healthy dose of B-vits and zinc plus it’s great for strengthening immunity and reducing stress.
For this antioxidant rich breakfast, you will need the below:
- 1 cup cashew nut milk (or your preferred milk)
- 2 cups frozen spinach
- 1 cup frozen mango
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 Tbsp hemp seeds (optional)
- 1 tsp matcha powder
- ½ inch fresh ginger
- If you have a sweet tooth you can add a couple of pitted dates for extra sweetness
- If you like extra ‘zing’ add 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- Toppings: I used goji berries, bee pollen, shredded coconut, cacao nibs and edible flowers but feel free to use your favourite things.
- Pop everything into a blender and whizz it up.
- If the smoothie is too thick, add water or more milk to get the desired texture.
- Smooth into a bowl, add your toppings. Enjoy!
Delicious and SO easy to make, let us know what you think in the comments below.