One-Tray Roasted Winter Salad by Amelia Freer
We asked Nutritional Therapist Amelia Freer to share her favourite winter warming recipe.
One-Tray Roasted Winter Salad
Roasted salads are a total game changer!
This veg packed dish by Nutritional Therapist Amelia Freer is made with one of our all time favourite ingredients, seasonal squash. So simple to make, give it a go and switch up your meal times this winter.
You will need the below:
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 1 butternut squash peeled, cut into chunks
- 2 small red onions peeled and cut into quaters
- 1 x400g tin of chickpeas
- 2 handfulls of kale
- A small handful of hazelnuts
- 1 orange peeled and sliced into segments
- A pinch of salt and black pepper
For the dressing:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- A pinch of sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan.
- Whisk together the dressing ingredients until emulsified and smooth.
- Tumble the butternut squash chunks, red onion and chickpeas onto a roasting tray, and pour over half the dressing, turning it all over a few times to make sure everything is welll coated.
- Roast for 30-35 minutes, or until the squash is tender and cooked through.
- Add the sliced kale to the roasting tray, along with the rest of the dressing, and mix well. Sprinkle with the hazelnuts.
- Roast for a further 5 to 7 minutes, until the kale is a little wilted.
- Divide between two bowls, allow to cool slightly, then top with the orange segments and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Discover more of Amelia's delicious recipes in her book Simply Good For You by Amelia Freer (Michael Joseph, £22) here...
You can book an appointment with Amelia and find out more about her work here...
All images by Susan Bell.