One-Tray Roasted Winter Salad by Amelia Freer
We asked Nutritional Therapist Amelia Freer to share her favourite winter warming recipe.
One-Tray Roasted Winter Salad
Roasted salads are a total game changer!
This veg packed dish by Nutritional Therapist Amelia Freer is made with one of our all time favourite ingredients, seasonal squash. So simple to make, give it a go and switch up your meal times this winter.
You will need the below:
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 1 butternut squash peeled, cut into chunks
- 2 small red onions peeled and cut into quaters
- 1 x400g tin of chickpeas
- 2 handfulls of kale
- A small handful of hazelnuts
- 1 orange peeled and sliced into segments
- A pinch of salt and black pepper
For the dressing:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- A pinch of sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan.
- Whisk together the dressing ingredients until emulsified and smooth.
- Tumble the butternut squash chunks, red onion and chickpeas onto a roasting tray, and pour over half the dressing, turning it all over a few times to make sure everything is welll coated.
- Roast for 30-35 minutes, or until the squash is tender and cooked through.
- Add the sliced kale to the roasting tray, along with the rest of the dressing, and mix well. Sprinkle with the hazelnuts.
- Roast for a further 5 to 7 minutes, until the kale is a little wilted.
- Divide between two bowls, allow to cool slightly, then top with the orange segments and season with salt and pepper to taste.
All images by Susan Bell.