Annie Clarke's Chocolate Orange Energy Balls
Energy balls are such a fantastic thing to keep in the fridge or freezer, ready for a sugar craving or to give you a little energy boost during the day. These are inspired by the winning flavour combination of chocolate and orange, giving them a zesty and decadent taste.
- 200g almonds
- 200g Medjool dates, pitted (I like to have a few extra dates to hand in case the mixture isn’t quite sticky enough, as it can vary a little each batch)
- Zest and juice of 1 orange
- 2 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Blend the almonds in a food processor to break them into smaller pieces.
- Add the dates, whizzing for a minute or so.
- Add all the orange zest and 1 tablespoon of the juice to the food processor, along with the raw cacao and the maple syrup, before mixing until evenly distributed.
- Use your hands to roll the mixture in your palms (wetting your hands slightly if necessary) until you have about 16 even-sized balls.
- Place them in the fridge or freezer to set and store.
- They will keep for 1 week in the fridge and for 2 weeks in the freezer.
Discover more recipes and shop our ethical activewear here...