Beetroot Macaroons by Louise Murray
We asked health and mindfulness coach Louise Murray to share her recipe for these delicious beetroot macaroons...
These tasty energy balls are the perfect pre or post workout treat to give you a much-needed energy boost.
Packed with a host of healthy, nutrient-dense ingredients including beetroots to support your energy levels, they are a great alternative to sugary snack bars. Plus beets are proven to increase oxygen flow throughout the body, so they help you to feel more energised and active.
Three more reasons why you should add beetroot to your diet:
- Beets are packed with vitamin C which aids iron absorption and is great for healthy skin.
- Beets are great at detoxing the liver and flushing out toxins from your body.
- Beets boost brain function – especially decision making and working memory, making them great for that pesky afternoon brain fog!
So why not whip up a batch of these 'beet'tiful (see what we did there) macaroons for healthy snacking whenever you need a little boost!
You will need the below:
- 80g coconut flakes
- 30g ground almonds
- 1 tsp beetroot powder
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- 4 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 3-4 tbsp maple syrup
- If you have a sweet tooth you can top with 50g dark chocolate and edible flowers (if you're feeling fancy)!
- Blend all ingredients in a food processor until you can form little balls with your hands. If the dough is too dry, add some more maple syrup.
- Place the balls in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate in a water bath/in the microwave and dip in each ball. Drizzle with the rest of the chocolate and top with dried edible flowers.
- Allow to set in the fridge and ENJOY!
These have to be one of Team Asquith's favourite pick-me-ups, so give them a go and let us know what you think in the comments below...