Why is nurturing our connections so integral to feeling wonderful?
It’s no surprise that research shows our relationships are key to our happiness, but you might be less aware of their impact on our health: they’re thought to have just as much influence as diet, smoking, sleep and exercise.
Positive relationships could actually be beneficial to our immune systems. All the more reason to invest in yours this autumn.
You’d be forgiven for thinking that living with children negates the need for making a special effort; you’re already together so much of the time!
However, as many parents know, there’s more to connection than occupying the same space. Why not:
- Cook together. Sharing the focus of producing something yummy is a great way to bring you and your kids together (and you get to enjoy the fruits of your labour at the end!). Bonus points for making something warm and comforting (you could try this healthy Apple Crumble).
- Go conker hunting. Even if they don’t play the game, kids love seeking out the biggest horse chestnuts! Getting outside helps our kids connect with nature and is a great sustainable way for them to play (no plastic toys required!).
- Make autumn decorations. A leaf garland is fun to collect for and make (and looks beautiful, too).
For many among our parents’ generation, the colder months in these uncertain times are cause for concern.
- If they feel safer staying home, you could offer to help them with their autumn gardening. If they’re happy to venture out, plan a regular walk with them somewhere you can keep a safe distance.
- Walking is great for relationships and a lovely gentle way to move our bodies. Just be sure to keep warm – our breathable bamboo base layer makes all the difference!
For some, relationships with significant others have definitely borne the brunt of the stress of these times.
- Carve out dedicated time together for a regular date. You could simply stream a film (with a no-phones rule!) or download the Google Arts & Culture app to virtually explore a gallery together from the safety of your sofa.
- Set the table and light some candles to elevate an at-home dinner. You don’t have to choose between dressing up or keeping comfy; style some super soft bamboo Dreamer Pants with an elegant but comfortable Conquer Cami like our Founder Alice and you’re good to go!
Here at Asquith we think we could all do with feeling a little more wonderful this year. Here’s what we’re doing to bring some joy this autumn.
- Feel Wonderful campaign. We’re giving you the opportunity to nominate someone you think deserves to be celebrated. The winner will receive a hamper of Asquith leggings, tops and other goodies and a doorstep photoshoot. Find out more here.
- Our AW20 collection. Our new collection stays true to our mission of bringing you ethical activewear that feels and looks wonderful. Sustainable as standard! Check out how our Founder Alice styles it here.
- Inspirational interviews. We continue to seek out and pick the brains of brilliant women – keep your eyes on our Wow Women page.
- Delicious Recipes. We’ll be sharing nourishing, healthful recipes to keep you going and glowing through autumn. Look out for them in our Recipe section or on social media.
We would love to hear what you are doing to 'feel wonderful' this Autumn. Share with on social media or leave us a comment below...