We caught up with yoga teacher, author and founder of lifestyle blog Mind Body Bowl, Annie Clarke to share some of her favourite recipes from her new book. This week we’re going all Hawaiian with her Salmon Poke Bowl.
150g short grain brown rice
1/2 tsp miso paste
a dash of apple cider vinegar
150g red cabbage
2 inches of cucumber
1 portabello mushroom
1 large garlic clove
1 thumb ginger
1tsp sesame oil
For the dressing
1 teaspoon maple syrup
– Start by cooking the rice according to packet instructions. I like to add 1/2 a teaspoon of miso paste and a dash of apple cider vinegar to the pan to give the rice a bit of extra flavour.
– Place the edamame in a small pan and boil for a couple of minutes, as per the packet. Once cooked, drain and run under cold water, then leave to one side.
– Half the mushroom, then slice it thinly. Heat the sesame oil in a frying pan. Finely chop the ginger and garlic clove, and add these to the pan. Then add the mushrooms and stir gently until brown. Remove from the heat to cool.
– Then prepare the rest of the veggies. I like to cut the carrots into match sticks and finely shred the cabbage. Slice the cucumber as thinly as you can and then pop all of this to one side.
– Finally, place all of the dressing ingredients in a small bowl and mix well.
– Assemble your bowls, adding the rice first, then the cabbage, before arranging the veg on top. Pour over the dressing generously to serve.
Discover more of Annie’s delicious recipes here.