What to wear for Yoga & Pilates
The Asquith range includes signature styles that can be layered and worn in different ways to suit your shape and lifestyle.
We choose highest quality natural and organic, breathable, chemical free fabrics; not only because they’re kinder to the environment, but because they feel smooth and soft against the skin and they’re great for sensitive skin. We use brushed, certified organic cotton and drapey bamboo jersey. Quality pieces, that won’t shrink, fade, bobble or stretch.
Asquith London - for yoga, Pilates and living in
Asquith London offers the perfect selection of clothing designed specifically for yoga and Pilates but also great for today’s busy lifestyle; for loungewear, for travel, for mixing with your everyday wardrobe; coordinating pieces in contrasting tones with flattering styling so you can create your own individual ‘look’.
Designed for easy freedom of movement, and firm built-in support, our yoga clothing styles ensure pure comfort at all times, leaving the wearer to focus on her yoga (or Pilates) practice. Asquith clothes are designed to move through poses with the body and will not be restrictive.
Our main inspiration for our styling is…yoga and Pilates teachers! We are constantly talking to yoga and Pilates teachers about what styles they want – what’s best to practice in...they’re our biggest customers! And they should know; because of the rigours that teachers put the clothes through – numerous washes and so much hard wear, our clothes are designed to last, not fade or bobble and always look good. Hence loved by so many teachers.
Asquith London Tops
Asquith London tops are made from natural fabrics and are designed to be long enough and not too low cut so that you are comfortable when doing stretches and they won’t ride up. And not to expose bare tummies so the wearer can relax.
Asquith London Trousers
We offer a number of trouser styles suitable for all types of practice – loose or fitted, but always keeping in mind that our yoga clothing will not restrict your movement; it’ll stay in place, won’t dig in…and you won’t show your knickers!
What should I wear?
A typical yoga outfit composes of a fitted top or loose top (depending on your preference), a trouser and a loose fit layering top as a cover up.
1. A fitted, elasticated waistband on trousers helps them to stay in place during inverted postures – eg our Bamboo Tie Pants.
2. We don’t use buttons, belts and underwire which can cause discomfort in certain poses, particularly those which involve lying out on your mat.
3. An additional layer for Savasana (end of practice relaxation) or until you warm up, is always useful – either a Wrap cardigan, the Box T or a long sleeve T work as good cover ups.
4. Our Bamboo Scarves are great as a cover up. You can wear them to and from class…and they double up as Savasana blankets, this will help raise body temperature to loosen muscles at the start of practice and prevents chills at the end of practice
5. For high intensity forms of yoga such as Power or Vinyasa flow – we suggest more fitted garments – a Crop Pant, a Bamboo tie pant a Bootleg pant.
6. Bamboo is ideal for Bikram yoga, practiced in a heated room at 40 degrees, because it wicks away the moisture. The less clothing you wear the better! We suggest the Crop Pants and the Sleeveless T or the Bamboo Cami.
7. For Pilates we suggest more fitted garments if you’re using machines, so that ties/fabric don’t get in the way.
8. For Pilates we also suggest a more fitted trouser so that the teacher has clear visibility of knees and ankles. Eg a Capri pants, Bootlegs, Crop Pants or our new Lean Leg Pants.
9. For slower paced forms of yoga such as Hatha, look for looser styles, eg our Foldover Pants, Bamboo Palazzo pants.
10. Pregnancy – our range is also great for pregnancy and pregnancy yoga because our yoga trousers can be worn wherever you want to at your waist – making them flexible, breathable and comfortable. Our Foldover Pants, Palazzo Pants, Drawstring Pants and Leggings are the best for Pregnancy.
Our fabrics are designed for yoga and Pilates; for your comfort.
Cotton is a natural fabric good for sensitive skin or those allergic to synthetics. Fabrics with elements of Lycra improve the stretch of clothes, important when flowing through postures. Our organic cotton is blended with elastane so that the fabric doesn’t get baggy at the knees and all garments retain their shape.
Bamboo is ideal as not only is it super soft, it has natural anti-bacterial properties for odour resistance.
For more information on the fabrics do visit the ‘Fabrics’ page or email us at:-