This week yoga teacher, author and founder of lifestyle blog Mind Body Bowl, Annie Clarke shares her moorish orange energy ball recipe from her new book Mind Body Bowl. Perfect for on the go snacking or as an alternative to sugary sweets and chocolate. We can’t wait to hear your thoughts..
200g Medjool dates, pitted (I like to have a few extra dates to hand in case the mixture isn’t quite
sticky enough, as it can vary a little each batch)
zest and juice of 1 orange
2 tbsp raw
2 tbsp maple syrup
Energy balls are such a fantastic thing to keep in the fridge or freezer, ready for a sugar craving or to give you a little energy boost during the day. These are inspired by the winning flavour combination of chocolate and orange, giving them a zesty and decadent taste.
– Blend the almonds in a food processor to break them into smaller pieces.
– Add the dates, whizzing for a minute or so.
– Add all the orange zest and 1 tablespoon of the juice to the food processor, along with the raw cacao and the maple syrup, before mixing until evenly distributed.
– Try a little of the mixture, adding extra orange juice if needed.
– Use your hands to roll the mixture in your palms (wetting your hands slightly if necessary) until you have about 16 even-sized balls.
– Place them in the fridge or freezer to set and store.
They will keep for 1 week in the fridge and for 2 weeks in the freezer.
Discover more of Annie’s delicious recipes here.